Friday, April 2, 2010

DEATH

At the beginning of this play I didn't really know what to think. When we were told that everyone ends up dieing wondered if there was someone who killed everyone. Or if there was a disease that wiped everyone out. I really had no idea. I really liked how we watched the movie along with reading the book because Shakespeare's plays are written in a way that is very hard to read. The movie made it much more clear to understand. The movie was fun to watch. One scene that really stuck out to me was the one about Hamlet's ghost. Not only because it was like Hamlet and his ghost were in a different world. Hamlet's ghost was so creepy and crazy. That was one of the "death" scenes that I remember really well. Also when Hamlet stabbed his father wrapped up in a curtain. I thought that this was very weird. Not only did he not know who was in the curtain but to just randomly stab someone. I would never be able to do that. I think that Hamlet was insane in the membrane. For Shakespeare to write about such crazy people and about people dieing he must think about death and have a lot of thoughts going through his head.I think that death is definitely is one of the main focuses of this play.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the film (and found it helpful). You're right that Shakespeare's plays are meant to be viewed, not merely read.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete